Honey Garlic Chicken Stir fry
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup red pepper thinly sliced
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1 inch pieces
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- salt and pepper to taste
- If you want to serve this dish with rice, please prepare rice first, according to package directions.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the broccoli and red pepper and cook for approximately 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Remove the vegetables from the pan; place them on a plate and cover.
- Wipe the pan clean with a paper towel and turn the heat to high. Add the remaining tablespoon of oil. Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper and add them to the pan in a single layer - you may need to do this step in batches. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown and cooked through.
- Add the garlic to the pan and cook for 30 seconds. Add the vegetables back to the pan and cook for 2 more minutes or until the vegetables are warmed through.
- In a bowl whisk together the vegetable broth, honey and soy sauce. In a small bowl mix the cornstarch with a tablespoon of cold water. Pour the soy sauce mixture over the chicken and vegetables; cook for 30 seconds. Add the cornstarch and bring to a boil; cook for 1 more minute or until sauce has just started to thicken.